2017 SAYRA Qualification Process
U.S. Adult Sailing Championship
for the Clifford D. Mallory Trophy
The U.S. Adult Sailing Championship will be held at St. Petersburg YC, St. Petersburg, FL Nov. 9-12, 2017, sailed in J/70s. The winner will be the US representative at the Sailing Champions League World qualifier.
For details, visit: http://www.ussailing.org/racing/championships/adult/adultchamps/.
SAYRA (South Atlantic Yacht Racing Association) may submit one team for consideration to compete for the U.S. Adult Sailing Championship - Clifford D. Mallory Trophy. The 2017 SAYRA (South Atlantic Yacht Racing Association) submission will be based on resume selection, using the same criteria US Sailing will be using to make their final selections.
Submit sailing resumes to email@example.com
no later than July 15, 2017
- Resume to include all expected team members’ experience
- Teams must be comprised of sailors from SAYRA and be members of sailing organizations that are members of SAYRA
- Team members must be current members of US Sailing
- Sailing organizations must be current members of US Sailing
- Championship Event will be sailed in J/70s using the league sailing format
- The number of crew for the event shall be four including the helmsperson
- The total weight of the crew, including the skipper, dressed in at least shorts and shirts, shall not
- exceed 350kg
Resumes will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- 40% Sailor Criteria – How many major events have they competed in the past three years; number of races in these events, number of attendants
- 20% - Qualified through a regatta at the Regional Sailing Association level
- 20% Class Criteria – size, diversity, depth and activity of class they consistently sail nationally
- 10% - sailors under 30 make up 25% of the team
- 10% - female sailors make up at least 25% of the team
- Bonus: Additional 10% if a female is a helm.
The deadline for resume submission will be July 15 at 2359 hours, and the selected team will be notified by August 15. (Applications are due to US Sailing by September 5, 2017).
If selected for the Championship, the SAYRA team will also be eligible to apply for the Helen Hanley Fund to support the travel to the finals. Financial support is not guaranteed and you must apply for this funding. Full eligibility details can be found at: http://helenhanley.org.
SAYRA RSA Contact: Treez Decker, firstname.lastname@example.org (704) 287-5254
for questions or to submit resume
 SAYRA is the Regional Sailing Association (RSA) for North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.